Queenie our quilting frame and our Juki quilting machine are all set up and waiting for you.
No more basting the layers together, no more squeezing it through the small throat of your home machine and no more wrestling to move it all in the right direction. Your quilt can be loaded onto our frame and ready to go in minutes and using our nifty grips, controlling the machine has never been easier. This is your opportunity to make your quilt your own. See the video below for a full tour of how it works.
Whe you book your first session you will book an hour of 1-2-1 tuition and then this will lead straight into your first hire of queenie. So for example you might book your first hire as a session of 3 hours - this will be 1 hour of 1-2-1 tuition and 2 hours use of queenie. Subsequent hires contain only support, no tuition but you have a full handout and the video below to support you.
You may choose to bring along a practice cloth to this first session and just get use to the frame and machine or you may choose to bring along a quilt top.
In preparation for your session you should do the following to your quilt;
- Add sashing strips to each side of your quilt, which will be remvoed afterwards, a min of 2.5" wide. This is for testing the machine and to allow you to run your quilt design off the edges of your quilt. It will amke your life easier.
- Add a strip of fabric 2.5" tall by full width of quilt (inc sashing) to the top of the quilt to allow you to run off your quilt desing at the top of the quilt.
- Add a piece of fabric to the bottom of the quilt approx 12" tall by full width of quilt inc sashing) to allow you to test the machine during set up and practice any quilting techniques. If this is not your first hire this area could be smaller as we will have discussed on your first visit.
- Backing and wadding need to be as large as your quilt after all additions.
- Max width of quilt inc any extra strips is 85".
During the 1-2-1 training you will be shown how to set everything up and do your own simple trouble shooting. We'll then share with you top tips on mastering various freemotion quilting styles tailored to your preferences.
Once you've attended a training session you will be free to book purely hire slots
HIRE - We recommend that you book a minimum of 3 hours to allow for time to load your project on to the frame. Please use the form below to contact us with your preferred times.
We can supply wadding. We carry Warm and Natural wadding, 90" wide and charge £12 per metre. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CONTACT US BEFOREHAND SO WE CAN HAVE IT READY ON THE DAY.
Warm & Natural is the preferred batting among quilters and crafters world-wide. Only the highest grade, 100% natural cotton fibres grown in the USA are needle punched through a strong, very thin poly-propylene scrim, securing the fibre together without glue. Beginner friendly to help finish projects quickly. Quilting or ties can be up to 10” apart without the worry of bunching or separation when washing. Versatile – use in wall hangings, placemats stockings, totes, quilted clothing and as an exterior fabric for crafting soft sculpture rabbits, snowmen and more!
Washing Instructions – Manufacturer says: 30 degree machine wash.